ENGINEERING AND DETAILED DESIGN
JNE provided Owner’s Representation for a new Procter & Gamble Distribution Centre in Brantford, Ontario. The warehouse was constructed as a Design/Build project by others, with JNE designing the ancillary areas, including a $1 million Quality Assurance laboratory and offices. JNE met with the current laboratory staff to determine requirements and designed the new laboratory to meet their present as well as future needs. The QA Lab design consisted of lab layout development, detailing of the lab benches and provision of the electrical and mechanical services to support lab operations. The lab included storage areas for specialty gases, lab chemicals and flammables. JNE’s design team addressed safety and environmental design aspects of these storage areas. JNE provided complete engineering and detailed design for the lab and offices including:
- Lab layout benches, fume hoods, major freestanding equipment, flammable storage room,gas bottle storage room, wash-up area
- Fire separation details
- Gas bottle storage fixtures
- Lab bench and fume hood specifications
- Power Distribution to lab bench pedestal outlets and wall-mounted wiremold chase
- Power services to lab equipment
- Sensors, detectors and alarms as required by applicable codes for flammables or asphyxiants
- HVAC Design and Specification – including general lab ventilation, fume hood exhaust, storage cabinet exhaust, exhaust for cylinder storage. Overall lab to be a lower pressure than adjacent hallways and rooms.
- Mechanical services design and specification – including hot and cold city water, specialty gases distribution (H2, He and Air), natural gas distribution, sink drainage including fume hood cup sinks, and trap priming points in the area.